The ISDP Program's software acquisition process is a critical step in ensuring that significantly discounted prices are obtained through volume purchasing agreements. This software acquisition process was established to ensure that the program's resources are used efficiently to generate cost savings and improve client service.
Software acquisition initiatives are based on three criteria:
- Negotiated prices provide at least 10% discount off the GSA schedule
- COTS software and related services pertains to more than one organization
- The HHS Information Security rules are not violated
Seeking software that is not currently in the ISDP program's software inventory
For inquiries regarding the acquisition of new software that is not in the program's existing inventory, please contact the NIH Service Desk by submitting a ticket at http://itservicedesk.nih.gov or call 866-319-4357, 301-496-8297 (TTY).
Data Calls: Tell us what YOU need and save money!
Accurate Data Call responses help the ISDP acquisition team to identify software needs and determine the appropriate purchase quantities. This allows ISDP to negotiate for the lowest pricing possible. Data Calls also assist in identifying if new software needs to be acquired. Results of the data call are analyzed to provide the ISDP acquisition team with software requirements to determine the amount and items to be purchased. Accuracy and timeliness of information in response to data calls is necessary, as it allows the acquisition team to negotiate for better prices and perform accurate purchases. Data Calls can help agencies estimate and determine budgets for software procurement.
What ISDP can do for you:
- First, ISDP collects your requirements to determine your software needs.
- ISDP compares your needs with our current inventory to ensure effective use of products that have already been acquired.
- We then create supporting documentation to release an acquisition package.
- We take quotes from vendors, analyze and negotiate the best pricing; and then award a contract to buy the required services and products.
- ISDP manages the contract administratively, ensuring a continuation of services, and also field invoice questions and payment.
|FY13Q1||ISDP FY13Q1 Data Call||SPSS, Symantec, Parallels, Thursby, Gartner, Filemaker, McAfee||10-10-2012||11-01-2012|
|FY13Q2||ISDP FY13Q2 Data Call||Adobe, Symantec, Parallels, Thursby, Gartner, Applecare, Biobase, Sudaan||01-09-2013||02-01-2013|
|FY13Q2||Oracle Data Call||Oracle||03-01-2013||03-22-2013|
|FY13Q3||ISDP FY13Q3 Data Call||Adobe, Symantec, Parallels, Thursby, Gartner, SPLUS, Mathematica, MacVector, Yammer||04-09-2013||05-01-2013|
|FY13Q4||ISDP FY13Q4 Data Call||Adobe, Symantec, Parallels, Thursby, Gartner, Qlikview, SPSS||07-09-2013||08-01-2013|